Thursday 8 April 2010

The End Has Come...



Thing 23!


I can’t quite believe Thing 23 is here already – how time flies! It doesn’t seem like two minutes ago that I was starting out in the world of Web 2.0!

So…has the 23 Things programme been worthwhile? Definitely. Not only has it introduced me to several new and exciting tools that are out there but it’s made me think about things I already use eg. Facebook in a totally different way. Some of the Things, like Twitter and LinkedIn, I wasn’t so keen on and am not sure that I’ll be using them myself any time soon. However, I’m glad that I’ve had the opportunity to learn about what they are and how they work, so that when people talk about these tools I will be ‘in the know’.

Highlights of 23 Things for me include my iGoogle page and Google Reader, which I now look at daily. I just can’t imagine what I did before I had them! I’m also starting to get into the habit of saving links on Delicious rather than bookmarking them on ‘Favourites’, so that I can see them wherever I am – what a marvellous idea! And, although I haven’t really used them yet, the office tools like Google Docs have been somewhat of a revelation to me and I’m really pleased that I know of their existence in case I ever need to use them.

Overall, I have thoroughly enjoyed working through the 23 Things programme. Although at times it was hard to stay up-to-speed, I’m glad I’ve made it to the finish line, much more knowledgeable than when I started and now enthusiastic to put some of things I have learnt into practice in my library’s setting. I have also really valued the opportunity to meet other Bodleian Libraries’ staff in the blogosphere and hear about what’s going on in their libraries. Thank you to everyone in the 23 Things team for putting this programme together – it’s been great!

1 comment:

Jane said...

Congratulations on finishing! Glad you've enjoyed it and found it useful.

Post a Comment