Friday 29 January 2010

Entering into the blogosphere...


I've had quite a lot of fun setting up my blog this week. This isn't the first blog I've ever had - I had a Xanga blog many moons ago, which wasn't very successful mainly because I lead a boring life and never had anything of interest to say! That said, I still had one faithful anonymous follower!

It's also been really interesting reading some of the other '23 Things' blogs that are out there. It's great to see the range of people who are taking part and their differing perspectives on things. I love the fact that we're all different : )

I think blogs are a brilliant idea and can definitely have the potential to serve a good purpose but I do wonder how much specific library blogs are looked at by readers. Here at the Health Care Libraries we currently just have the website, which has a newsfeed (that readers can subscribe to) detailing the latest library information. I wonder whether a Health Care Libraries blog would catch on with our readers...

2 comments:

Penny Schenk said...

We've had some interesting experiences with our blog in the Law Library - one of our librarians did a post about how a new free resource on US Law had some errors in categorizing information, and the person running the site got in touch to learn more. Our librarian now has a nice credit on the site acknowledging their assistance. I think it is easier if you have a number of people responsible for posting, to spread the workload and add variety.

Jo said...

Love the wallpaper, Catherine!

Post a Comment