Monday 29 March 2010

The wonderful world of widgets...

Thing 21 should be really simple but for some reason this week Blogger is not being kind to me and is refusing, despite all my best efforts, to recognise my Flickr username. I wonder if it's got something to do with signing in through Yahoo ID? Therefore, disappointingly, readers of my blog will not be treated to a stream of my magnificent photos... Although, it's no consolation, they can however see Google's news headlines or search Google at the side of my blog as a result of my latest widget additions. iGoogle, on the other hand, was far more co-operative in displaying my de.lic.ious bookmarks, which made completing Thing 22 fabulously easy.

I like widgets for the fact that they allow you to display information from other webpages hassle-free. However, I think there could be a danger of widget overload if you're not careful! I've only added 2 widgets to my blog and already it's made my blog look a bit cluttered. I think you need to decide what's the most important and neccessary information you need to display on your page and leave out the rest...

1 comment:

Gigi said...

If you go to the 23 Thing blog and look under Tag to your right you will see a flickr tag. Click on it and it will bring you to the old blog on flickr. click on comments and you will see a series of comments between Gigi's Thang and Penny on how to make the connection between flickr and your blog. One problem was what we thought was our flickr username and that whether the permission settings of one's photos are for public viewing or private. It will only show up on your blog if on public viewing.

Post a Comment