Friday 12 February 2010

Picture perfect...


This week's things were to do with storing and editing your photos on the web. Setting up a Flickr account was easy enough, although having to create yet another user name and password for the Yahoo ID was a tad annoying. One of the thing's I've realised I like about the other applications we've used to far on '23 Things' is that they're all connected to Google, so you only need to sign in once to access everything - that suits me very well!

Anyway...I've saved photos on the web before but not using Flickr. I tend to put my photos on Facebook so I can share them easily with my friends who all spend ridiculous amounts of time lurking on Facebook. I've also got a few saved on Snapfish, which is an 'online digital printing service' I've used in the past to print a selection of my digital photos. But this task was all about Flickr so I dutifully set up an account, uploaded a few photos and had a little mess around, tagging photos, adding descriptions and what not...

But Picnik is where it's at! I've used similar sorts of programmes in the past but it's always fun to try out new editing tools. I added some frames to a couple of pictures and turned myself neon among other things - very exciting! I am very impressed with the kind of things you can do on Picnik for free. I'll definitely use it again!





Brutus, the Snow Cat...






Me neon-ified...





My little angel in a frame...

No comments:

Post a Comment